Natural Resource Specialist – Ecologist
Ecological Resource Consultants, Inc. (ERC) is accepting applications from qualified candidates for Natural Resource Specialist-Ecologist positions in our Boulder, Colorado Office. Multiple positions will be considered ranging from entry level field ecologist to senior level project management. ERC is a full service consulting firm formed to offer innovative solutions for stream and ecological restoration, ecological/environmental studies, natural resource inventory and regulatory compliance projects.
- Candidates must have a minimum education of a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences and one (1) year direct professional experience in environmental consulting.
- Serve as Project Manager / Task Manager (for non-entry level positions)
- Write and review technical reports
- Prepare USACE CWA Sec 404 permits (Nationwide and Individual)
- Compensatory Mitigation Design/Planning
- Assist with project development of ecological restoration design/build plans (revegetation planning for wetland and streams/riparian restoration, development of native seed mixes and planting plans).
- Experience with wetlands, streams/riparian habitats, soil science, regulatory permitting, wildlife surveys technical report preparation and ecological restoration in the Rocky Mountain region and project management is required.
- Thorough understanding of ecological communities and systems.
- This position will require experience coordinating with staff and providing assistance to senior project managers with ecological field surveys, wetland delineation, threatened and endangered species reporting, preparation of USACE CWA Sec 404 permits, environmental assessments and development of ecological restoration plans.
Skills and Technical Competencies
- Strong technical writing and report review along with verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Strong understanding of Rocky Mountain region ecological systems, vegetation communities and soil science.
- GIS and/or AutoCad experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively as a leader in a team setting.
- Possess a willingness to travel throughout Colorado and a valid drivers license.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary based on experience ($45,000 to $90,000+), a comprehensive benefits program, and a stimulating work environment within a company that prides itself on providing technical, innovative, and complete solutions for our clients. For immediate consideration please forward a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. ERC company background may be reviewed at www.erccolorado.net