Water Resource Engineer
Ecological Resource Consultants, Inc. (ERC), a leading provider of water resource engineering and environmental science consulting, is seeking a water resource engineer to join our team in our Lakewood, CO office. ERC is a full-service consulting and design/build firm offering innovative, practical solutions for a range of water and environmental projects. We are currently seeking to fill a position that will focus on hydrology, hydraulics and geomorphology.
Education and Certification
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field is required.
- A professional engineering license is preferred but not required.
- At least two years of progressive technical experience in water resource engineering is desired. More senior candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- This is a technical position that will require sound technical and communications skills.
- Technical work is expected to include a wide range of activities including:
- Precipitation assessments
- Runoff modeling
- Hydraulic modeling (1D and 2D)
- Dam break modeling
- Hydraulic structure design
- Field evaluations
- Sediment transport modeling
- Stream restoration design
- Design review
- Dam monitoring
- Water balance modeling
- Construction observation
- Preparation of technical reports including client presentations.
Skills and Technical Competencies
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Skilled in MS Excel and Word.
- GIS and/or Civil3D experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), and sediment transport modeling.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively in a team setting.
- Strong Interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and staff.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Employment will require physical presence in the Lakewood office and may allow for some portion of work to be completed remotely. Work will include a combination of in-office work, field work and meetings. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit for several hours.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience ($60,000 to $100,000+), a comprehensive benefits program, and a stimulating work environment within a company that prides itself on providing innovative technical solutions for our clients. For immediate consideration please forward a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.