Ecological Resource Consultants, Inc. (ERC), a leading provider of water resource engineering and environmental science consulting, is seeking a water rights/water resource engineer to join our team in our Lakewood, CO office. ERC is a full-service consulting and design/build firm offering innovative, practical solutions for a range of water and environmental projects. We are currently seeking to fill a position that will focus primarily on water rights but also include hydrology and hydraulic evaluations and design and construction observation.
Education and Certification
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required.
- A professional engineering license is preferred.
- At least two years of progressive technical experience in water rights and/or water resource engineering is desired.
- This is a technical position that will require both sound technical and communications skills
- Provide technical support for the following:
- Water Court applications (new water rights, augmentation plans, change of water rights, etc.)
- Water supply planning studies
- Surface water allocation modeling
- Hydrologic evaluations and modeling
- Water rights yield investigations
- Review and evaluation of historical consumptive, net depletions, and return flows
- Water availability analyses
- Water rights accounting
- Preparation of technical reports including expert disclosure reports in support of water court cases
Skills and Technical Competencies
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Skilled in Excel and database applications.
- Skilled in interpretation and understanding of water court decrees and administrative guidelines.
- GIS and/or Civil3D experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with surface water allocation models, StateCU and/or IDSCU is a plus.
- Familiarity with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), or sediment transport modeling.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively in a team setting.
- Strong Interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and staff.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Employment will require physical presence in the Lakewood office and may allow for some portion of work to be completed remotely. The majority of the work will be performed in the office; however, occasional out-of-office opportunities arise including site visits and attending meetings. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit for several hours.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience ($60,000 to $100,000+), a comprehensive benefits program, and a stimulating work environment within a company that prides itself on providing innovative technical solutions for our clients.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org